mazda 6 wheel noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 04 mazda 6. Recently noticed when turning left a metallic rubbing noise. The intensity can vary a lot and only when turning left. The noise is coming from the front passenger side wheel.
If I brake, then the noise is reduced or eliminated. If I turn right, then when I next turn left the noise is back.
I had the front tyres changed and tracking done a few weeks ago if there is a connection. With the window up and radio on I can't hear it so it could have been since them and didn't notice it. With the window down it can be quite a sharp, loud screech.

Sponsored Links
I guess its time for the front brake pads to be taken out and inspected....they could be worn out or simply just covered in dust. Either issue could bring on the noise you describe.
John :)

The brakes work fine and don't squeal when I use them and the noise is only on turning left. Could it still be the pads ?

Jack up offending wheel and fit an axle stand. Grip the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock position and give it a shake. If there is any movement, usually acompanied by a clicking sound, then its a wheel bearing. If not follow johns instructions in ther previous post.
:D

Sponsored Links
Andy, did you get the rubbing noise fixed? I have the same issue. Could you please post what worked for you? Thanks

Matt

Back