McCoy kit car

Hi Terry, I think the guy who was selling his has now sold it, please see my message back...regards Al.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

so where's this website?

Having owned one and being quite close to the Birchalls, I can provide quite a lot of information and many photographs.

Just tell me where to send them - and I'll hope to answer all questions ;)

Hi all

so where's this website?

Having owned one and being quite close to the Birchalls, I can provide quite a lot of information and many photographs.

Just tell me where to send them - and I'll hope to answer all questions ;)

Hi julian, its been a while, if you have any info it would be much apprieciated, my email is [email protected].

Regards. Al

Sponsored Links
Hi all who has taken interest in this topic, I have now a list of McCoy's made up with the help of the owners club, 47 of the original 100, 42 of which I have the registrations and 18 of which I have photo's. I would like to add to the list the whereabouts of them if possible so if anyone who has a McCoy would contact me maybe we can add this information to the list. Regards AL.

Hi all who has taken interest in this topic, I have now a list of McCoy's made up with the help of the owners club, 47 of the original 100, 42 of which I have the registrations and 18 of which I have photo's. I would like to add to the list the whereabouts of them if possible so if anyone who has a McCoy would contact me maybe we can add this information to the list. Regards AL.

Hi Al
did my car feature in your lits, or is it still missings
regards

Hi Julian, I have added the details and pictures of your old McCoy which was one I never had details of. There is a white one that I have photos of which has the same pop up headlight conversion as yours but the rear lights are from a Manta. The rear screen is original as well.

Hi Julian, I have added the details and pictures of your old McCoy which was one I never had details of. There is a white one that I have photos of which has the same pop up headlight conversion as yours but the rear lights are from a Manta. The rear screen is original as well.

Hi Al
Are you going to add the list and pictures to the website? Couldn't find them when I looked.
I've found an address for the guy who bought my car and will try to contact him to see where it went.
Julian

Hi again Julian, I have posted some of the pictures I have of the McCoys, if anyone knows who owns any of them I would like to make contact. I have decided to go down the VTEC route for mine and is now in the process of having the implant, cant wait for it to get finished, with a bit of luck it will be on show at the McClaren MTC car show in August. :D

Hi, I have just read some of the comments on the forum. I run the McCoy Owners club. If anyone is interested in the cars have a look at our (not very good) website www.mccoyownersclub.co.uk. If anyone needs any info on the cars by all means give me a ring - Dave White Tel: 0161 962 8576.
The McCoy was originally produced by Arthur Birchall Ex-Chief mechanic for Team Lotus who's career stemmed from Formula 1. Styling of the McCoy was undertaken John Frayling (who had previously worked on the Clan) with chassis development by Brian Luff. The McCoy retained the monocoque structure of the Clan but discarded the Hillman Imp engine and the plywood bulkhead weakness. The engine was replaced by a front mounted Mini or Metro unit, carried on standard dry Mini sub-frames front and rear. The website states 100 McCoy's were made, a truer figure is 86. As for the front windscreens the Clan and McCoy share the same front screen all other glazing is flat safety glass.

Hi I have one it is the the Nissan Cherry Red colour, I am based in Ipswich.
At present the car is stripped but awaiting assembly.
It has a MG metro engine HIF44 carb LCB etc and K&N filters.
I have just finished refurbishing the rear sub with all new parts Hi Los adjustable shocks and now starting to reassemble the front sub frame which has the same set up with MG metro 4 pots, the engine has been cleaned and painted but that's all at the moment.
Interior is as it was when first built in the early 80s.

Neil

Sponsored Links
Back