MDF Skirting (primed) - cheapest suppliers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if anyone had recently done research on cheapest suppliers of MDF primed skirting?

We want it about 9 inches tall, with traditional pattern to it. Most of the suppliers I've looked at are coming in around 6 pounds a meter. We need alot of it, rough tot up would be 220meters.

I spending my life researching prices! any help appreciated if this is something you've recently looked at :)

Thank you

Sponsored Links
No idea how they compare but if you open a trade cash account at travis perkins you get 20% off their prices.

I know they've been competivie when I've bought plasterboard etc from them

Thats tall skirting, what's traditional pattern? there are dozens of styles.

Thanks steveb1964, Travis Perkins don't seem to do the height or styles we like unless their website is not representative?

Foxhole - yes it is tall, (Victorian house) probably want it 220mm height (just shy of 9 inches) most of the online skirting retailers do the same patterns - something more detailed than Ogee - perhaps Colonial, Regency, Victorian styles. Saw a lovely one on ebay, but its 10 pounds a meter not even primed :( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/skirting-...ies_Carpentry_Woodwork_ET&hash=item256555bb08

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You could use mdf cut in strips and then top with suitable skirting to the correct height .
Selco start at £6 for 4.2 mtr lengths.

as foxhole says traditional large profile skirting tends to be architrave glued on top off planed timber

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back