Mechanical fixings for Kingspan K17

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope you help me with a plastering query. Kingspan say that K17 boards require a minimum of 2 gypsum nailable plugs. I found the Gyproc ones that come in packs of 100 but these say they are for their dry-lining system, is this what I need? - I only need about 10. I also found some others that you need an SDS drill to push into the wall.

Are there any other makes I can use - I can't seem to find anything at the usual DIY suppliers.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would very strongly advise avoiding Kingspan, Celotex or any insulating product containing extruded polystyrene. It contains formaldehyde which gasses and pollutes causing allergic reactions. Formaldehyde is carcinogenic and completely banned in many parts of the world. My home had to be stripped of Kingspan costing a considerable sum leaving me and my wife with an allergy for life. Use expanded polystyrene instead. It costs less and is freely available.

Hi and thx for your warning. I have been trying to find information about Kooltherm 17 from Kingspan and see if these insulation plates contain formaldehyde. Can you direct me to such link/info and how did you find out about it ? Did you have them analyzed ? Did you use Kooltherm17 or some other product, was it included in the Kingspan product documentation that there was formaldehyde in it ? Did you confront Kingspan and if affermative how did they respond ?

I think this fella needs to work out what the difference is between polystyrene and Polyurethane

Sponsored Links
I have put the Kingspan up and used Gyproc nails as a secondary fixing.

Just thought I would add an update in case anyone else is trying find out about mechanical fixings.

Interesting comments about K17. I did some research on the web and could find anything about formaldehyde risks. Be interesting to get a response from Kingspan though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back