Medium Pressure Gas Meter - Bodged Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wales and West recently fitted this medium pressure gas meter.

Seems like a bit of a bodge job to be honest. The engineer has run the vent pipe through the union point so where is the plumber supposed to run the outlet pipe?

Also the outlet pipe of the meter seems too close to the semi concealed box for connection to be possible.

I'm guessing Wales and West need to come back out but where should the vent pipe go and should a flexible pipe/anaconda be fitted to the outlet side of the meter or is it ok like it is but just if the engineer moved it towards the middle a bit more?

Not very technical so go easy on me!

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Don't like the open end on the outlet of the meter(unless its blanked internally). The flex should connect directly from the meter to the outlet boss and copper supplies connected thereafter. It's been a while since I fitted a semi concealed meter though. Vent should not exit where it does.
That boss is meant for pipework connection only. Does the lid close correctly?

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

Should Wales and West have supplied the flex or is it the plumber who does this?

Thanks for the confirmation that the vent has been exited incorrectly, any ideas where it should exit as anywhere else would prevent the box from closing (unless a hole was drilled in the box but is the plumber allowed to do this?) The box closes fine at the moment.

Normally the meter installer would fit the outlet anaconda. The vent can be routed via a small U shaped cutout on the top edge of the box, thus enabling the lid to be closed over it and the box remaining waterproof.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back