Megaflo system tripping out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On this cylinder are Two cotherm TSE thermostatically controlled immersion heaters.
The lower unit (economy seven) tripped it's internal reset, a few days later the same thing has occurred, so I lowered the temperature on the stat, but still the same problem occurs.
I have swapped the top and bottom stats over to eliminate them as being the problem, but even the exchanged stat trips out...is it possible/likely that the element is intermittently shorting out once warm? I really can't come up with another reason, but would be re-assured by someone having had a similar issue.

Another problem is that the supply is now coming on at 2.30pm - I was led to think that the idea was to use cheaper electricity in the early hours of the morning.
There is no timer in the flat, is there likely to be a timer for the entire block or is this a connection switched by the electricity company?

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Normally I would expect the E7 cheap rate to be contolled at your electric meter. Usually you will have 2 consumer units, one of which will be made live when the E7 kicks in.

As for the tripping, can't at present think why 2 stats would do it.

The elements are severely scaled up.

The CoTherm units are not overload trips, they are over temperature only.

E7 meters vary. Some have a switched output, on other systems the switching of appliances is the customer responsibility eg: everything is on the same supply but anything you use on the cheap timings is at E7 rate.

So, if it is your timer you need to reset it. If it is the boards' internal meter timer, you may want to use all your electricity between 2:30 and 8:30pm or call them out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for replies, you've pretty much expressed what I was thinking but it's always nice to have it confirmed :D

I have contacted cotherm who are happy to supply me with stats in the future but wondered if anyone knows of an easier way to purchase ie: a local plumbing outlet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back