megaflow fill up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first post so take it easy on me ,i am not a plumber.
i have a megaflow cylinder, it says cl170 on the side, and it has a pressure gauge on the side that reads zero and a large red pot on the top.
i tried bleeding the rads in my house and on the third floor the rads would not let out air or water.do i need to put some water in, if so how?
the house is 7 years old and the boiler is an ideal classic ff350

Sponsored Links
Look for a silver braided hose which has isolating valves either end.That is the fill loop.See FAQ's for further info.

Without wishing to duplicate the reply given, I am sure 45years also meant to tell you that the 'MegaFlo' is not part of the mechanics of your boiler/heating system as such, merely a component which works from it....

The red vessel is an 'Expansion Vessel' which accommodates the expansion and contraction within the water of your boiler/heating system as it heats up and cools.

As per the FAQ's generally the needle on the gauge would read approx 1 bar when cold and filled up with no air trapped in system/rads.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back