Megaflow service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i was just wondering how much a service should normally cost, i have been quoted £40 from a g3 registered plumber

also i was wondering what i should expect him to do?
And if i should get a certificate from him or something?

This is the first service after 4 years :rolleyes:

Thanx

Rocker

Sponsored Links
Make sure you see his G3 ID Card, he should check the Pressure & Temperature relief valves, the Control and Overheat thermostats, he shouls test the motorised valve if fitted on the primary cct and he should strip & clean the filter in the pressure reducing valve he should then restore the air gap in the top of the cylinder we charge £68 + Vat for this service takes about 1 hour. ;)

Oh yes I forgot to say - make sure he fills in the service history in the blue bench mark book!! ;)

thnx m8,

i asked him what he would do and he told me it £40 to check the boiler :confused:

i have another plumber who has quoted me £80 and am waiting for him to replay with what he is going to do.

Thanx

Rocker

Sponsored Links
shoud he check the air in the expantion tank, even though i have filled it. im not sure if i have overfiled it.

Rcoker

The expansion tank you speak of is probably connedcted to the heating system (primary cct0 which has nothing technically to do with the megaflow the person that services the gas or oil boiler should be checking the expansion vessel - it would be ideal if this was the same person servicing the megaflo!! as it would be far less complicated! ;)

the other quote i got for £90

Test operation of safety valves.
Clean filter in combination valve.
Check discharge pipework.
Repressurise cylinder.
Inspect electrical connections.
Test operation of element(s).

does it soud right?

Rocker

He should also check for any previous discharge around the Tundish and any leaks that have been but now sealed themselves, all in all though sounds like he will do a proper job :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back