MEMBRANE MADNESS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can any body help me, I have a 1930's house and I'm re-doing the kitchen. Half the kitchen is floorboards and the other half has tiles over (I think) concrete. These tiles are approximately but not exactly level with the floorboards.

I want to have some amtico flooring layed in this room and they have advised since the house was built 1930's and the tiles seem original, that I should dig this area up and lay in a membrane with concrete on top to level with the floorboards at the same time. Without the membrane they reckon it will get a bit damp. I am happy with this idea because this end does want sorting out, if only to get it level, but what membrane do I get?

I looked on Screwfix

here

but they have blue ones and black ones, both which both seem to comply with some sort of regulations.

Which one should I get and what gauge should I get?

I would appreciate any help and I would also be interested to know what the difference is apart from colour, and why would you use different gauges?

Anybody please enlighten me. :confused:

edited to correct link

Sponsored Links
different guages for different situations. go for the blue heavier 1200 guage. for the difference in pence its worth it. The blue stuff is for your purpose, the black stuff is the cheaper variant and less durable (used for such things as covering areas in gardens as a weed suppresent etc). Make sure you put down some sand blinding first so it doesnt get punctured

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back