Memories of products from the 70's....

Moz said:
+ Jilly Munroe she was steve austins missus in real life farrah fawcett majors

jill munroe. top man moz. i'll be able to sleep tonight now, night, night.

Sponsored Links
Talking of shoes & clothes, I used to wear Clarks Polyveldt, and Country Cousins jeans.

Sponsored Links
What about "bell-bottom trousers" and flippin great wedge soled shoes that you could hardly walk in? The higher the wedge the better.

Does anyone remember Twizzle or Torchy the Battery Boy?

maybe not the 70s in in the 60s it was something of a fashion statement to sport a sheath knife and the bigger the better, I remember people saying ''feel the edge on that'' as they invited you to check out the sharpness of the blade and playing 'split the kipper' was a sport that often ended in blood being spilt. :LOL: them was the good old days.

topic bars

chopper bikes

vinyl records, lps eps, singles, coloured singles....the ronson record cleaning machine!

record players with the arm that came across, 33 45 78 speed choice, with built in speaker!

watneys 6 pack

real action man with moving eyes and could talk when you put a little record in his back

changing the channel on the tv with the redifussion switch on the wall

the ultra modern trim phone as opposed to the old dial phones

2p for a pay phone call in a phone box smelling of pee with the paper directorys in!

continental quilts

starsky and hutch knitted cardigans

the old woolworths Winfield trademark

coop stamps, greenshield stamps etc

being served at the petrol pump (can still see my dad asking for a fiver of four star

driving away to holiday camps in our old blue vauxhall victor, me and my three brothers, mum and dad in the front, with all the cases in the boot and a trunk on the roof. It would take most of the day as the roads were so appalling, and you could gaurentee youd see some really nasty accidents on the way...ohh memories! :LOL:

No one has mentioned Daktari (with clarence the cross eyed lion)

The rockford files ! c'mon I defy anyone to have not enjoyed the dodgily acted paper thins plots, a true 70's classic show.

You lot are showing your age. 4 pages of the 70's. I might leave this forum if this carries on! Old Gits! :LOL:

crisps with a little blue bag of salt to DIY
banks managers were old
so were police men
in fact most people were older than us in the olden days :eek:

crafty1289 said:
You lot are showing your age. 4 pages of the 70's. I might leave this forum if this carries on! Old Gits! :LOL:

But crafty me old mucker, look what paucity you've had to grow up with, I mean the 70's were great, terrible fashion, punk rock, glam rock, mods, winter of discontent, nightly power cuts, diptheria, bubonic plague (ok, I made the last two up)

Even the 80's were great, big hair, new romantics, Margaret Thatcher selling off the entire country, poll tax riots, padded shoulders, power suits, mobile phones the size of a brick, me reaching drinking age and being sick on 3 pints of cider, heady stuff.

Let's face it the 90's were a bit rubbish, and the naughties haven't been great either (apart from my kids of couse, oh and I suppose I have to include getting married in 1994 :D) BUT, apart from that what have the 90's or naughties ever done for us ?

Oh and the cars, NCAP !!! Air bags !! Air bags .... ABS ...... bl**dy luxury
:!

Just making off the top of my head, all the things my first car didn't have :-

A radio
A clock
A fag lighter
Fifth gear
A rev counter
Electric windows
Central Locking
Power steering
ABS
Air bags
Air con (or indeed any efficient heating either)
Heated rear window
Rear window wiper
Fuel injection, just that maddening automatic choke with a VV carb, arrgh!
Any upholstry on the door panels
Effective brakes

But none of this really mattered, 'cos before you could really complain about these things, the car would have dissolved into a pile of rust anyway. Happy daze.

Being dragged to sunday school, sneaking some "Space Dust" in your pocket, eating it when its all quiet, and then looking forward to the hammering of your life after. ;) Building bonfires in September, long hot summers school holidays, "Lotus" skateboards with "Cryptonics" wheels, boy they were fast, many a time ran over my own Knuckles. Space hoppers, loved them. Does anyone remember the game "Byoing" or something like that, Like a plastic shaped orange rugby ball, which was on two long strings, with handles either end. You had to open the one end up fast and the other person kept theirs closed, used to kill your hands if playing with an over exuberant adult!

Sponsored Links
Back