Message to Oilman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You're spending too much time on that forum for bigots and losers. Come back to where you belong.

Sponsored Links
PaulAH said:
You're spending too much time on that forum for bigots and losers. Come back to where you belong.

Whilst you are just being a voyeur there then.

For the record, I miss you too oilman.

Um........someone else spending a lot of time on general chat? Not that there's anything wrong with that. I don't know wether it's better to ignore most of the poorly thought out views presented or question them so the mindless ones who only read and NEVER post don't get sucked in wholesale and we have a nation of faschists.

What's this got to do with plumbing and heating?

Oilman said:
What's this got to do with plumbing and heating?
I'll tell you what. Although you can be a grumpy old s0d, over the years you have helped a great many people with your knowledge of plumbing & heating. I am one of them - and exremely grateful for it. But the ranters on these chat forums will never be shifted by combative argument. If anything, it hardens their resolve. If everyone just left them to bash away at their keyboards and didn't reply, their oxygen would eventually run out.

Whilst you are just being a voyeur there then.
They also make you cynical and embittered.

Sponsored Links
THEY make me cynical?

Purlease, don't credit them with such abilities, I have been know to be cynical as far back as I can remember. Become a cynic, and understand the world.

By "they" I meant that type of forum. It's not discussion, it's soap boxes at dawn.

Yes, cynicism can be good. Perhaps I should have left it at "embittered".

I understood who the "they" were. "They" are not that signigicant. As for embittered, regrettably you cannot know what my emotional state is, so any assumption you make would be purely speculative. Sorry.

(They ARE quite shaky soapboxes, in fact, they fall off them from time to time). :evil:

Speculative, perhaps. But the fact that you have to reduce a sincere (and, yes, affectionate) invitation into a clinical analysis of the wording suggests the tea is lacking a little sugar.

May I also suggest you "speculate" too much on my alcohol consumption :D

That's good, I don't take sugar in tea. Analysing the words people use does allow to you to understand what was meant. As for an "invitation", was this a drink induced cry from a lonely being trawing through the ether (no the drinking type ;)).

And there you've blown it, my dear. Total consumption this week about one bottle of wine and a couple of pints. As for lonely, isn't four house guests enough?

But you carry on. Analyse away...

Hey, this IS the wrong forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back