Who IS oilman? Hmm.

Max

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I certainly don't know who oilman is. I posted a question here some weeks ago and got a really helpful reply from oilman. Since then I have come back to this site on and off, reading about the problems other postees have been having with CH etc. I didnt reply to any of them because I am a DIY disaster area (and Masona, if you read this, then yes, I think you are right; my name probably should have been Frank Spencer!) and, as we all know, a little knowledge is a very dangerous thing indeed.

But as for oilman? Hmm, well he almost seems like the "touchstone" for this forum; that is, reliable, friendly and above all, very knowledgeable advice. So, in the Christmas spirit I would like to extend a great big funtastic thumbs up to OILMAN. I think all of us here realise just how much time and effort you have put into offering your expert advice (and all for free!) so, once again, the very best of the seasons greetings and thank you, Oilman.

Best Regards

Max :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but I can't accept the credit as I used role models from such contributors as Breezer, who is exceptional IMHO, and other super examples like (and in no particular order) Masona, Corgiman, COG. BDL, Registered Gas Man, ChrisR, ban-all-sheds, Corgiman (who hasn't been around for a while, HELP where are you?), MANDATE, and a load more on the other forums where I plod from time to time.

Without the corrections from these people for some of my posts, (and I make mistakes more often than I'd like to admit) there might be a few rather irate unfortunates about.

It's easy answering queries from the comfort of a warm room, then some poor s*d has to wield a spanner and risk having a flood, or having to spend loads of money getting someone in to cause the flood. (It's also a pretty sad state of affairs to have such an interesting life, that so much time gets spent dabbling with a keyboard).

Sponsored Links
That's strange, my wife says I go on as well :rolleyes:

Anyway, no more answers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back