To All Concerned

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To all concerned here

A forum is about people expressing there views on different subjects and topics.

Unfortunately Oilman has re-written the rules on this and says all similar threads are the same which results in cross threading and basically a mess with one disagreement being dragged across from one thread to another.

Also anybody who has a view which differs from his, he is now trying to put you all into one group and attack the whole group together as one even though we have different views

I basically suggest we just ignore his posts and dont bother to reply to him at all as it just feeds his strange vendetta

Sponsored Links
Freddie!! have you gone nuts? you cant just go round hijacking all the threads to post your complaints about someone you don't like!!!

Richardp said:
Freddie!! have you gone nuts? you cant just go round hijacking all the threads to post your complaints about someone you don't like!!!

We're heading for anarchy here.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:

Richard you already know i'm nut's :LOL:

The thing that ****'s me off here is each thread is about a particular topic which we will agree or argue like mad in it.

But now someone wants to come a long a because of his personal vendetta on at least 4 members who just by chance dont share his point of view, now says we have to mix it all up so he can continue his hate agenda and hijack all the threads into one big mess.

I think thats wrong and will put people off posting, may be you agree or not, but it will just ruin the place, and as an arsehole i am sometimes i wouldnt want that to happen

Freddie said:
But now someone wants to come a long a because of his personal vendetta on at least 4 members who just by chance dont share his point of view,

Eksqueeze me? You only see it this way because you disagree with HIS point of view.

There is someone who shares your point of view who shall remain nameless, yet they keep it up, slogging on, claiming someone is a traitor if they don't slog off islam all the time.

Personally I think that is far more offensive than oilman's public annoyance at 50 threads all saying pretty much the same things over and over and over again. I share oilman's sentiment: anything you are going to say on the subject has already been said. Debate over! :LOL:

Any words after this line are a legally-binding, irretractable statement that you agree with everything I have said ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freddie - have you heard the saying 'less is more' ;) ?

By saying less (or nowt) you can really say a lot y'know ;) - I suspect this is why some of the 'regulars' have stopped posting!

I personally believe that all of the people who post on this forum are passionate about their beliefs.........which is great!
Over the past year or so, I have really enjoyed reading (and occasionally joining in) whats being talked about on here :) :)
But recently, it appears that things have gone too far.......the debates in relation to Islam etc seem to make less of an impact the more 'personally directed' the posts have become......whilst I don't think anyone intentionally tries to hurt peoples feelings - I'm sure that some have been hurt by the personal attacks in some of the more 'controversial' posts :cry:

Can we just not give everyone a break......and agree to disagree?

AdamW said:
Freddie said:
But now someone wants to come a long a because of his personal vendetta on at least 4 members who just by chance dont share his point of view,

Eksqueeze me? You only see it this way because you disagree with HIS point of view.

There is someone who shares your point of view who shall remain nameless, yet they keep it up, slogging on, claiming someone is a traitor if they don't slog off islam all the time.

Personally I think that is far more offensive than oilman's public annoyance at 50 threads all saying pretty much the same things over and over and over again. I share oilman's sentiment: anything you are going to say on the subject has already been said. Debate over! :LOL:

Any words after this line are a legally-binding, irretractable statement that you agree with everything I have said ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam there werent originally different threads saying the same thing but unfortunatly thats how they ended up, and also i havent seen anyone who disagreed with Oilman being branded one thing or the other in an attempt to shut them up.

Julie --saying less is more--agreed but thats what they want and it bugs them when you speak out--corner them and they say its a wind up---but in my case because of location they only wind theirselves up ;)

id like to highlight the following post to you, and confirm that oilman is one such character, see: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28960&start=30

as you should all know, ive never insulted anyone. oilman shouldn't have made such a comment. what did i do to deserve this? just disagree with his point of view. his actions can't be defended.

i think everyone here agrees that personal attacks on posters is unjustified. they ruin the forum for everyone.

in the same link, you will see the problem that's occurred because of cross-threading. it confuses things, and makes things personal. example if i now make a new post about something else, some may disagree with me in that post simply because they disagreed with me in another.

user56565 said:
i think everyone here agrees that personal attacks on posters is unjustified. they ruin the forum for everyone.

Absolutely!!!!!

user56565 said:
...........as you should all know, ive never insulted anyone. oilman shouldn't have made such a comment. what did i do to deserve this? just disagree with his point of view. his actions can't be defended..............

You're quite right user56565, and I unreservedly apoligise.

The best thing everyone could do is ignore this entire thread. It is pointless, unesseccary and is simply an attack on one member.

oilman said:
You're quite right user56565, and I unreservedly apoligise.

well, as long as you're not being sarcastic, i accept! :)

lets just all do our own bit, to ensure insults don't get thrown around.

Sponsored Links
Back