Please all read this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment tension throughout this country is running high for obvious reasons.

I have enjoyed this forum for a long time, both the diy sections and the general chat, which swings from silly comic topics to serious debates on issues, mainly involving a core group of people. Now many of us have differing views on various subjects and that is what makes any debate healthy. I find it quite sad that the majority of the topics on here have contained very intresting points of view, that have been marred by personal comments and sniping, not to mention plain ignorant and abusive comments. Cant we all make a little effort to continue these debates in a healthy civilised way, without resorting to the playground tactics of im bigger than you and calling names? Surely that is what our democratic civilised way of life is all about.

Im not pointing fingers at anyone, so perhaps we can all think about it?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I agree Thermo :)

Things have got a bit 'techy' of late - I've also noticed that many of the 'regulars' have been staying away/keeping quiet which is a shame :cry:

Now come on, lets all have a cuppa tea and make friends!!! ;) :D

JulieL said:
I agree Thermo :)

Things have got a bit 'techy' of late - I've also noticed that many of the 'regulars' have been staying away/keeping quiet which is a shame :cry:

Now come on, lets all have a cuppa tea and make friends!!! ;) :D

Does that mean i will have to sit by Kendor ??? :(

You two are a special case - You have to go on one of those weekends in the forest and build rafts together and stuff like that :D

Thermo - I'm in !!

JulieL said:
I've also noticed that many of the 'regulars' have been staying away/keeping quiet

Yup, I'm down to 15 posts a day ;)

Perhaps we should call for a 100% ban on discussion of that subject? I'm getting pretty bored of it.

jtaunton said:
You two are a special case - You have to go on one of those weekends in the forest and build rafts together and stuff like that :D

Thermo - I'm in !!

Stuff that i dont trust him

If that Julie (B ,or L ) burchills in a forest ... sign me up ;)

I will be Pu""y whipped for a weekend by a strong gorgeous woman ,like her ... lol :)

Oooh, don't be like that. Come on,

"Make up, shake up, never ever break up!" as the dinner ladies used to make us say as we shook hands after a punch up in the infants.

Moz said:
If that Julie (B ,or L ) burchills in a forest ... sign me up ;)

I will be Pu""y whipped for a weekend by a strong gorgeous woman ,like her ... lol :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thermo said:
At the moment tension throughout this country is running high for obvious reasons.

I have enjoyed this forum for a long time, both the diy sections and the general chat, which swings from silly comic topics to serious debates on issues, mainly involving a core group of people. Now many of us have differing views on various subjects and that is what makes any debate healthy. I find it quite sad that the majority of the topics on here have contained very intresting points of view, that have been marred by personal comments and sniping, not to mention plain ignorant and abusive comments. Cant we all make a little effort to continue these debates in a healthy civilised way, without resorting to the playground tactics of im bigger than you and calling names? Surely that is what our democratic civilised way of life is all about.

Im not pointing fingers at anyone, so perhaps we can all think about it?

P*** off,... idiot, you know nothing!.....

;)

Actually I agree here...some of the comments here look like they belong in a teenage chat room.

well i tried, but it seems muppetry rules judging by the ill written threads and replies ive seen today. nothing constructive, nothing that gives a point of view, just insults and threats.

to say those that pursue this are a waste of space is a waste of breath. im going to stick to answering questions on the diy forums, and leave the general forum to rest, in the hope that the next time i look at it, the school yard will have some semblence of dignity and respect

Thermo, no disrespect meant, but are we all not guilty of getting carried away occasionally? I agree that some comments lately have been..unfortunate...but surely starting this thread is just do the same thing but in a different way?

I know what you intended, and certainly don't disagree, but simply posting the thread is continueing the matter...you must have known some of the sarcasm you would get for it, you have been here long enough to know.

Now stop sulking, pick your dummy up, like we have all had to, and get the blooming pints in, I'm parched!! :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back