Please all read this

Thermo, personally I would be very disappointed should you choose to ignore general chat. I reckon your career gained experience, has given you an insight into areas where most of us would not go.

A few weeks ago you were upset about a police issue, which came close to your heart. However unlike some of our other posters(including me occasionally) you overcame that and didn't hold any grudges against those that "had a go" at you. This ability is what marks the difference between thinking people.

There are those who just pick a fight and disagree all the time and appear to direct their attacks at the writer, rather than questioning what was actually written. This is because they hold grudges and are nursing wounds from previous disagreements, where they were, more often than not, proved wrong.

None of us should carry disagreements from one thread to another and we should all except we are not always right.

I reckon general chat would be all the worse off, if you took this action and would therefore ask you to reconsider your decision. :(

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
Thermo, no disrespect meant, but are we all not guilty of getting carried away occasionally? I agree that some comments lately have been..unfortunate...but surely starting this thread is just do the same thing but in a different way?

I know what you intended, and certainly don't disagree, but simply posting the thread is continueing the matter...you must have known some of the sarcasm you would get for it, you have been here long enough to know.

Now stop sulking, pick your dummy up, like we have all had to, and get the blooming pints in, I'm parched!! :LOL: :LOL:
Aaah go on, stuff it, mines a Guiness

fwl sadly i wasnt refering to the comments in this thread, i knew sarcasm would come across in spadefuls and its nice to see, as its all meant in jest :D
what i found sad was the amount of inane and vindictive comments that have gone on today on other threads. People have a point to get across, but i find it mystifying when it gets so personal. Is it because its easy to do it from the safety of a keyboard, because they are so passionate or because they are so short of the ability to put their point across in a civilised way? :cry:

Nice to see some agree with me. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
Nice to see some agree with me. ;)
100% with you, I try not to snap back, but be attempting to find out what the problem is from their point of view when I see trouble ahead. I don't get involved when heated as it pointless waste of time arguing.

Back