Getting away with murder

I was bullied off a forum, because there is a group of friends there already established, and as it was a car club, they used to meet face to face, and hold local rallies.

Once you are on the 'outside', and upset one person by disagreeing with them, legitamitely, then you get a group of people hounding you, and if one of the group is elected to be a moderator, then your time is up. The group comes together, pulls your posts apart, and the mod steps in, for the final kill. The site owner has to be more careful who they elect to be moderators, as the power goes to their heads, and all the flaming on threads isn't good.

I've brought this up on another forum, and the reply was rule with an iron fist. 3 strikes. And I've never been flamed on that forum. I have on this several times, so mods get 5/10

A FORUM is for saying your view - DON'T GET PERSONAL !

Sponsored Links
I was bullied off a forum, because there is a group of friends there already established, and as it was a car club, they used to meet face to face, and hold local rallies.

Once you are on the 'outside', and upset one person by disagreeing with them, legitamitely, then you get a group of people hounding you, and if one of the group is elected to be a moderator, then your time is up. The group comes together, pulls your posts apart, and the mod steps in, for the final kill. The site owner has to be more careful who they elect to be moderators, as the power goes to their heads, and all the flaming on threads isn't good.

I've brought this up on another forum, and the reply was rule with an iron fist. 3 strikes. And I've never been flamed on that forum. I have on this several times, so mods get 5/10

I agree with your assessment of the dynamics of many forums.

I also have to concede that AJ and i have batted person comments back and forth. We don't seem to be trying to insult each other (as far as I can tell) so i see no harm in it. If AJ were to be upset i would desist immediately.

i prefer to see Admins edit posts when they cause personal offence rather than summarily deleting accounts, as happens elsewhere.

If AJ were to be upset i would desist immediately.

I wouldnt expect anything else from you. You're either a defender or pretender ;)

Sponsored Links
HI AJ

The blue grass reference reminds me a nutter that used to drink in my local.

He was, by his own admission, an out and out racist.

He claimed only to listen to blue grass on the grounds that it was the only white music.

I tried to explain to him that whilst its origins were indeed british they were also influenced by the slaves. He even flatly refused to accept that the banjo was fashioned by slaves.

Mind you he laboured under the misapprehension that rioting only happened in this country post Windrush.

Funniest thing was that he wanted to move to Brazil because of the "bloody foreigners over here".

Go figure.

AJ was that an intentional thanks or did the 6th finger get in the way?!?!?!

Now I will have to reciprocate. ;)

Opps and AJ, shouldn't you two be discussing your newfound love for each other on the "homosexual" thread?

Sponsored Links
Back