Messed up felt, can I save it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Rushed felting my shed yesterday as I had a few days dry. Was basically dark and cold when doing it which was probably a bit silly.

Can I save it, without needing to bin that layer?

The middle panel is down with adhesive, that’s where it went major wrong for me. I watched someone roll it out into the adhesive but I couldn’t get it to straighten out without tearing. I ended up adhering both overlap and the underlay from about half way to try keep it down, but seems about the same.

The sides are lifted a bit which makes me worry about puddling.

If I pull down the sides more, then refelt on top with a heavier felt, will it still look like the Highlands?

Attachments

• IMG_4544.jpeg
    IMG_4544.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
It looks like the ridge is bowing?

There is a slight bow, exaggerated by the peaks I think in this photo, but there’s one there.

Was a Project Timber shed, I didn’t realise how bad it was to send back before I had already voided the warranty. Pretty much every board was bowed or warped in some way. It’s together and feels solid, roof doesn’t move at all. Overall structure is square and level but there’s bits that are off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back