Metal Stud Wall in Tanked Basement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Contractors are completing my basement and tanking it all (Delta Membrane). I am installing metal stud walls to the edges of the room that will be insulated but only plasterboarded on the one side, so I am concerned about the strength/possible felixibility of the wall as it will be approx 2.7m high with 12.5mm plasterboard. Some walls will have 50mm metal C studs and others 70mm. Will the studs need to be fixed to the wall (with proper tanking fixings) at a point around the middle to stop them bowing in/out, or will they be strong enough on their own? I want to avoid any fixings into the tanking if possible (for obvious reasons).
Thanks

Sponsored Links
No they only need to fixed top and bottom but check your chosen studs are suitable for the height.

I've done insulated plasterboard straight onto the membrane in similar situations but the walls were pretty straight. Obviously all the fixings were the proper ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back