metal to plastic fittings etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
iv got some new taps to fit in my bathroom but all my pipework in my house in plastic and the connectors i got with these new pipes are metal. the connector on the current pipes is plastic, a plastic kinda slip joint then metal pipes leading to the taps.
any idea how i should go about connecting these?
ta
em

Sponsored Links
Boy you're underqualified for that job. I admire your pluck.

Very hard to tell what taps you've got or had from your post.

Taps either have threaded post which is 1/2in bsp or 3/4in bsp we use tap connectors to join these which comne in various forms to join to plastic and or copper.

Or they have small bore soft copper or chrome plaited copper or flexis with or without adapters to make them fit 15mm pipe.

You r in for a soaking.

Tell yer what you need to do love, ring some plumbers and say you want a quote for a combiswap. When they get there look really keen on them doing the combiswap, but ask them how much to fit this here tap while you're here. Say you'll get back to them about the new boiler when you get paid.

Sponsored Links
As Paul Barker has said, you haven't given enough information yet, so the only accurate answer to your question is that people on the forum have lots of ideas.

Quite often (but not always) with basin or bath taps, the tap tails are the same length and you can keep the existing connectors, although you might need new washers.

Could you be more specific about what you want to know, and also about the type of taps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back