Metal window cills with for larch cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently putting a timber framed building up with vertical board on board Larch. I want to insure the best possible detail around the windows.

Seems I need a metal drip above the header, and a metal cill pan.

I cant seem to see anything that I can buy online, is this something that I will have to get made or make up myself.

Timber clad buildings are getting more common these days but doesn't seem to be much info on this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to look closer to home www.gov.scot/Publications/2002/03/15098/8744

There is quite a bit of detail on the net, as its a very common thing. Scandanavian countries, US, Canada and Australian and NZ sites have details too. But as each building is unique, you tend not to be able to get stuff off the shelf locally www.byggmax.se/f%C3%B6nster/f%C3%B6nsterbleck/f%C3%B6nsterbleck-%C3%B6verbleck-aluzink-p6301026

You can make the drip from lead, SS or aluminium easily. You need to be careful with the detailing for vertical boarding, as more of the rain gets past it than with horizontal boards.

Hi,

The timber cladding in Scotland link is the one I have been looking at also. Its not a problem making a basic folded flashing but seems it needs to run up vetrical at the sizes and the back. I just assumed there would be more off the shelf options but doesn't seem to be the case.

I have found one place http://toma24.com/categorylist/sills/exterior-window-sills based in poland but the prices seem very good and they have a side capping to create the up stand I might give them a go.

With lead, you can bend the back and ends up to form a tray, and the vertical flashing in the reveals goes over this to cast any rain off.

The problem with buying standard sections, is that they tend not to fit exactly how they should, and you end up messing about with them to get them water tight. Making the things on site and to suit is always better.

Sponsored Links
Never seen or used a 'cill pan' the window cill always protrudes over the cladding and that has the drip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back