metalclad q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know off hand does MK metalclad fit standard drywall boxes or do you know of another make that does
DM

Sponsored Links
The hole spacing is the same as standard 1G/2G boxes so they should fit.

I'm not sure why you would want to do that though. Wouldn't it be better to use grid switches with a metalclad cover plate like this

Sponsored Links
The current range of MK metal-clad is all very similar to standard plastic fittings, so the faceplates should fit standard flush back boxes.

Most other metal-clad makes probably wouldn't fit without leaving gaps round the edges.

Can you plug things into a metal clad grid switch?
Yes but only stuff that doesn't require an earth and you would need a suitable plug on it (at least with the MK grid plus stuff)

Click Scolmore offer a range of MK-lookalike grid gear that includes virtucally everything, i use the new media modules from time to time.

Cheers all It,s a commercial kitchen refit or tart up really, and the state of some of the face plates, Jeez all busted to hell I noted these on a pre inspection visit and I intend to fit metalclad throughout,
DM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back