Mf connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think it was Banallsheds that recently posted about these.

I notice now they are stamped with MF in a circle so assume these now conform to the Regs.
Though 16amp rated and only for 1 mm and 1.5mm T+E cable.

Guess they could be good for situations where cable damaged or cable has no slack, as you can afford to chop out a 50mm section, join straight through or Tee out to a new lighting point.
Also a version with the option to 3 plate wire in a switchpoint if needed.

QSP34_01_.jpg
QSL34_01_.jpg

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
upload_2018-5-8_22-23-18.png

so they don't class reversing the polarity as a problem? seems they tell you mistakes can be made the traditional way, but that also applies equally here.

They appear to have no holes to allow them to be fixed to anything, and no cable clamps or restraints.

That does not seem a good combination.

Although they seem to think it is a beneficial feature:

upload_2018-5-8_23-57-24.png

Are you saying it does not comply with the BS and EN numbers it displays?

We have no idea what they require.

We have quite a lot of evidence suggesting that the way manufacturers self-declare BS 5733 compliance is a farce.

Got mine this morning.
They are very clever!
They have a connection system that clamps the sheath when clicked home.
There is also a removal tool that will unclip the connector so you can remove a cable.
There are also u brackets that allow you to secure the unit to a joist.

Got mine this morning.
They are very clever!
Can you really make make 4 connections in 7 seconds?

They have a connection system that clamps the sheath when clicked home.

There are also u brackets that allow you to secure the unit to a joist.
upload_2018-5-10_10-57-4.png

ho hum.

The info on the site doesn't make it clear that the device clamps the cable sheath.

But it's a fair cop re "They appear to have no holes to allow them to be fixed to anything".

upload_2018-5-10_11-16-28.png

Doh.

Last edited:
Looks like a neat idea - I like the way you just push T&E in. I don't like the price as much.
I wonder if the price has fallen since I wrote that?

They aren't way out of line wrt J80x. Wagobox probably works out cheaper, but has the coin which on the obverse says "greater flexibility" and on the reverse "more faff".

But when considering its rivals, the fact that it only accepts T/E is going to be a bit of a show stopper when it comes to lights pre-wired with flex, or designed to only accept flex.

So what do the folks who've got samples think? Are you going to carry them on the van?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back