Body:
IMG_20180510_102920.jpg

Fixing clip:
IMG_20180510_102934.jpg

Showing cable attached:
IMG_20180510_102808.jpg

Showing cable remover attached:
IMG_20180510_103018.jpg

Cable after removal showing slight mark on sheath where cable clamp has been in contact:
IMG_20180510_103036.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In answer to your question, I would carry them, yes.
Very impressed.
And they sell a cable stripping tool which looks good too.

Does the stripper do all of this:

upload_2018-5-10_15-7-11.png

in one operation?

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-10_15-6-38.png
    upload_2018-5-10_15-6-38.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 210
Sponsored Links
In answer to your question, I would carry them, yes. Very impressed. And they sell a cable stripping tool which looks good too.
They certainly look very clever and very impressive. I must get one or two to play with!

I wonder if they are considering a 32A 2.5mm² verison of the 'splitter' one - since that would seem an obvious thing to offer.
Earth sleeving??? :)
Given that it's all enclosed, and the conductors maintained in precise posutions relative to one another, I don't think there's a need, is there? The CPC is in exactly the same situation as regards L & N conductors, and the outside world, as is the case within the T&E isn't it?

Kind Regards, John

As for the stripper, see the very start of the video on their website. It's technically 'two operations', but all over in about 1 second

Is continuity only made when the ends are pressed in - and vice versa?
Dunno. Not checked with meter.
Earth sleeving???
Yeah, I thought of that.
They do say if you put sleeving on SL, to make it no longer than the conductor insulation. So I guess you could do the same with the earth sleeve.
I'll look at it.

Yeah, I thought of that. They do say if you put sleeving on SL, to make it no longer than the conductor insulation. So I guess you could do the same with the earth sleeve.
As I wrote earlier, I don't really see why it would be necessary. As I said, the design of the device is seemingly such that the 'bare' bit of the CPC is really in no different a situation from that which exists throughout the cable.

Kind Regards, John

It was a joke John; I even put a smiley for you.
You did - but I thought the smiley related to the fact that you thought you might be opening up a can of worms, not that it was intended to be a joke, per se.

Anyway, it's not just me - smiley or not, secure also seems to have taken your question relatively seriously :)

Kind Regards, John

I have four on the van, i got them to connect some small downlights as the T and E looked short and I thought they would make it easier.
Howevever i arrived on site to use them, only to find as BAS says they do not acccept flex so as the downlights were prewired i resorted to using Hagar J804 boxes instead.
Mine are 2 months old now and unlike the current ones are not MF marked, so if you need that, ensure the ones you buy are newer stock.
The splitter is £5.47 and the other £5.99

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back