Microbore and adding new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My existing central heating is all in 10 mm microbore.
We are having an extension and adding 3 new rads and I am fitting a new boiler in this new location.
I have only ever used 15mm for rads before.
If I use microbore how do I connect to the 22mm copper.
I am running new pipe 22mm etc. to the new boiler and want to tap off these.

thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
One or more "manifolds" will be there somewhere - where the 10mm pipes are taken off the larger pipe. But that's only really for convenience, you can join single 10's to your 22's separately. Don't tee into 10's except for tiny rads, which you would have guessed. You can buy all the usual fittings for 10mm. There is also cylindrical things which take 2 or 4 10mm pipes in the end, and connect to 22mm.

Obviously the pipe lengths are quite resistive so if you go too far to a big rad you might not get enough water through to heat it properly. It's best if the manifolds are near the centre of the house so all the 10mm's are similar lengths. Then it's easier to "balance" the system.

If I dd a manifold near the bginnig of the system will thi s cause probelms or just be a pain to balance.
I guess adding a manifold is just T'ing off on 22 mmm to a manifold?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
another one slips the gas lads or did i read this one wrong too if he is a heating engineer why is he asking this question

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back