microbore issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have 2 radiators that are cold, I initially thought that the issue was with the return pipes, however, after tinkering this weekend, I discovered that the return pipes are ok, one radiator seems to have an issue with the valve which closes the flow pipe, I will invesitgate this further. However, the other one seems to have issues with the flow, as the return seems ok. any ideas?
This rad gets hot only when water is being pulled through via the return pipe, and nothing seems to be flowing through the flow pipe, I have taken the valve off and fed thin wire up this pipe as far as I can.

There is no traditional manefold with this system, all of the microbore pipes are fed directly into a large main pipe, one each for flow and return.

Any ideas and help is gratefully received

H

Sponsored Links
Blocked manifold is the usual cause , locate manifold and clear blockage not really a diy job

There is no traditional manefold with this system, all of the microbore pipes are fed directly into a large main pipe, one each for flow and return.

:LOL: ;)

Never noticed that sooey.

OP by separate do you mean there is an individual tee for every rad into the 22mm pipe

Sponsored Links
Manifolds:

YF_Main_wm12_28x12.jpg
890294_wpdp.jpg
yorkshire-1481-22mm-x-4-8mm-linear-manifold-552393633-1000x1000.jpg

Do both the rad pipes enter at the same side of the rad or different sides ?

Attach garden host to flow and return pipes/valves with radiator off.
Blast it out with mains pressure.
Sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back