Microsoft Access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I state the problem, is there anyone out there that understands it. I have put my problem in a computer forum, but no luck todate.

Sponsored Links
Access is just a simple database system based upon JET, understanding is rather subjective. Post your problem! what have you got to lose?

Merv

I have a query that links 2 tables, The query works & a report from that query works.
I have added a 3rd table to the query, the new query works showing all the data required.
Its the report that I want, but the report gives the following error, "The specified field 'xxx' could refer to more than one table, etc etc".
I have selected the table & field using the expression builder.

did you have the report made before you've added the third table?

What sometimes does the trick is in design view (report) 'reloading' the query in the report properties.

Sponsored Links
I have tried what you suggested, What I cant understand is why the query is working & the report isnt.
But thanks anyway

Have you tried to change the name of both fields (in the related tables)?

What I do notice with Access that it's normally easier to create the report again from starters then to change an existing report.
That's the only pain this program gives

I did try changing names & yes I thought of redoing the report, But if you were to see the layout you would take a deep breath before restarting it, but I will try & redo the report & only select one field from each of the tables. Thanks for ideas.

Sounds like your reporting on the query and data from the tables at the same time, you would be better off getting all of the data into the query and report from that only.

It's moaning because you have a field of the same name in 2 tables - if you don't need all columns from all tables try picking specific columns in your query. Else - track down the control that is linked to the offending column and reselect it's data source - probably it should offer you Tablename.Fieldname as a choice.

Remember also to check grouping/sorting options to see if it's referenced there.

Thanks for info. I had sorted the problem by joining tables 1 & 2 then joining the result of that to the third table.
Its all working now & my MD is impressed, lets hope its reflected in the salary.

Sponsored Links
Back