Microwave door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Neff built in microwave H5640. I can't open the door because the button you push to do so just goes in loosely and is not engaging with anything. Can I mend this, or install some new part ?

Sponsored Links
Hello Frances,

Could you tell me how you got on with your door please? We've got the same problem now.

Thanks,
Lee

With the prices on replacement ovens being so low IMO throw it in the bin and get a new one...

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Call me old school but it just seems like madness to replace the entire unit just because the door latch doesn't work any more. But then, to have it repaired would probably cost a good way towards a new unit. Sounds like a diy job.

Lee

Sponsored Links
Microwaves are indeed extremely cheap nowadays, except for integrated ones such as the one in the original post. It will still be a lot cheaper to repair than bin.
Until it's looked at there's no way of telling what's wrong with it. It could be as simple as a broken spring.

Ours is an integrated one too and was about £300 I think. If anyone happens to have a diagram of the insides of a microwave, chuck it over :)

If anyone happens to have a diagram of the insides of a microwave, chuck it over :)

Depends on the make and model, they aren't all the same inside.
Parts diagrams won't tell you how to fix it either and there isn't a "fix it" manual.

In the end I took the microwave to a repair shop; they said the door mechanism operated with a spindle which had worked loose. I think they just tightened it up, and did not say that they had used any spare parts or springs. This cost me £40 - which sounds like a lot but built-in microwaves are expensive and it has been working fine since.
So I guess if you are handy and took the cover off the microwave, what is wrong with the door mechanism might be obvious and perhaps not that difficult to fix.
Hope this helps, and you are able to fix yours.

just dont stick your fingers or screwdrives near the capacitors otherwise it'll be the last thing you ever do,if its electrical and your not sure what your doing leave well alone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back