Microwave - No power (not fuse) repariable?

Sponsored Links
70 quid, bin it.
Our built-in one broke down, timer was all over the place.
It was about 3/4 years ago but we got someone to come out and a gurantee repair or no cost for 130 all in. The microve was expensive and fitted so worth the 130 and still working. Anyhting free standing, not worth the gamble IMO unless it was just the fuse.

70 quid, bin it.
Our built-in one broke down, timer was all over the place.
It was about 3/4 years ago but we got someone to come out and a gurantee repair or no cost for 130 all in. The microve was expensive and fitted so worth the 130 and still working. Anyhting free standing, not worth the gamble IMO unless it was just the fuse.
Sort of thought someone would say that! Just feels so wasteful but you are probably right.

Seems a shame to just bin it, anyone know of any easy fixes?

It will likely have an internal fuse, just for the controls and that failing would fit the issue you describe, usually a glass one. Worth taking the covers off for a look, BUT BE AWARE MICROWAVES CAN HAVE LETHAL VOLTAGES INSIDE, EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. Do you know enough, to know how to safely discharge the HV capacitor inside?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried it in another socket outlet? When you say it’s not the fuse, I take it this was replaced?

It will likely have an internal fuse, just for the controls and that failing would fit the issue you describe, usually a glass one. Worth taking the covers off for a look, BUT BE AWARE MICROWAVES CAN HAVE LETHAL VOLTAGES INSIDE, EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED. Do you know enough, to know how to safely discharge the HV capacitor inside?
I wouldn't be confident to no so think I should leave alone.
Have you tried it in another socket outlet? When you say it’s not the fuse, I take it this was replaced?
Yes replaced the fuse, tried another socket (and tested the socket-outlet with another item)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Well bought a new one (well new to me, was a barely used one of facebook) and took the other to the dump. Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back