Mid-Position Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've noticed that my Mid-Position Valve seems to have a slow leak, small drop every now and then. I don't really know how this works and what to look for but after spending a little bit of time searching the web I noticed that there is a "catch" on the underside of the unit that seems to be floppy.
This is where the water seems to come through.

I read the installation manual and it mentions that this is the locking lever and it should be clicked in to place, I managed to click it back in to place but the following morning it was hanging loose again?

I've had a few issues with the system:

- Boiler Overheating every few days
- Tank of water only getting hot when the heating and hot water have been on pretty much all day

I'm wondering if this is the culprit or if the lever is supposed to be loose like that?

I've also noticed that there is no marker to see what position the valve is set at.

Valve is a: ACL Lifestyle 679H340-30L0
Boiler is a: BAXI SOLO 2 - 40PF

Sponsored Links
A pic showing the orientation of the valve would help.

The only place the valve can leak from (apart from the three pipe connections) is the seal where the operating spindle comes through the baseplate.

The ACL lifestyle valve is now obsolete and not repairable, so it will mean a new valve. The Honeywell V4073 is recommended.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back