Miele Dishwasher G1173vi Pump replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm a newbie and I've tried to look on-line but can't find any information on whether its possible to change a pump on a G1173vi integrated dishwasher. Its only 3 years old and oow and still cleans but makes an awful noise. I'e gone down to the impeller and removed a small screw but it still makes a terrible noise and we have to set to hot wash to get a decent clean.

I've had an expensive (£96) miele engineer out quoting £365 for a new pump part number #7176600 . I can see there is one for sale in France for EUR150. So what I was wondering is there any mileage in getting the French part or just bite the bullet?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260932858...X:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661#ht_500wt_1287

thanks for any info or advice

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The new part number for the circ. pump is 7176602, but the p/n in the link will fit your model. At £125 it is a snip (as long as it is ok). A new one will cost you around £320 if you shop around. It sounds like there is still some junk rattling around in the impellor housing...or the screw you found has busted the impellor vanes. If the motor & integrated heater are ok I would look into getting a replacement pump casing/impellor (p/n 6195751). However I am not 100% sure if this part is still available, you could ask Miele. If not the complete unit on ebay would sure ring my bell.

The new part number for the circ. pump is 7176602, but the p/n in the link will fit your model. At £125 it is a snip (as long as it is ok). A new one will cost you around £320 if you shop around. It sounds like there is still some junk rattling around in the impellor housing...or the screw you found has busted the impellor vanes. If the motor & integrated heater are ok I would look into getting a replacement pump casing/impellor (p/n 6195751). However I am not 100% sure if this part is still available, you could ask Miele. If not the complete unit on ebay would sure ring my bell.

Thanks for your help. I think I'll go down the local repair route as I still can't any instructions on how to do this. Might watch the repair man though and buy the other other pump as a backup for 5 years time!

Sponsored Links
I think you'll be struggling to find a service manual or online "how-to". Up to you if you want to call service but changing out a circulation pump isn't really rocket science . Your model has a removable baseplate, laying the machine on its back & removing the baseplate gives you ample access to most components. Good luck whichever way you go :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back