Miele Dishwasher: (strange) Inlet/Outlet problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a quite old Miele Dishwasher, IIRC it was from 2004 or so (we bought it used 5 years ago).

Today, it started to show an "Inlet/Outet" Error (there's a dedicated LED for this).

However: The washing cycle consists of a pre-wash (without the tab) and then the water is pumped off, fresh water comes in, and the tab is released. The pre-wash cycle runs fine nearly until the end: Water comes it, it washes, but when it then wants to pump out the water (or the fresh water to come in? Not quite sure), it shows the error. When I now go to "Stop" for a reset, and re-start the main program, it recognises that there's water in the machine and happily pumps it out, before fresh water comes in and the pre-wash starts.

Thus, it can't be as simple as a blocked drainage/supply - both works fine.

What could that be? Can it be repaired by myself?

Sponsored Links
we have one of these machines from new (2006?) it has done exactly what you have described 2 or 3 times now (last time was xmas). Otherwise it works fine.

On a couple of times it has done this I have found nothing wrong, on the other occasion there was a lot of foaming soap bubbles, I think a bar of soap must have fallen in.

Some dish washers have a pressure sensor for the depth of water in the machine.

This is a tube from the bottom of the chamber to a sensitive pressure switch above the top of the chamber, If that tube gets clogged with debris then the pressure switch cannot respond to changes in the water level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back