1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Miele Dishwasher: (strange) Inlet/Outlet problem

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by andre_xs, 6 Apr 2021.

1. andre_xs

andre_xs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We have a quite old Miele Dishwasher, IIRC it was from 2004 or so (we bought it used 5 years ago).

Today, it started to show an "Inlet/Outet" Error (there's a dedicated LED for this).

However: The washing cycle consists of a pre-wash (without the tab) and then the water is pumped off, fresh water comes in, and the tab is released. The pre-wash cycle runs fine nearly until the end: Water comes it, it washes, but when it then wants to pump out the water (or the fresh water to come in? Not quite sure), it shows the error. When I now go to "Stop" for a reset, and re-start the main program, it recognises that there's water in the machine and happily pumps it out, before fresh water comes in and the pre-wash starts.

Thus, it can't be as simple as a blocked drainage/supply - both works fine.

What could that be? Can it be repaired by myself?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Munroist

Munroist

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    we have one of these machines from new (2006?) it has done exactly what you have described 2 or 3 times now (last time was xmas). Otherwise it works fine.

On a couple of times it has done this I have found nothing wrong, on the other occasion there was a lot of foaming soap bubbles, I think a bar of soap must have fallen in.

4. bernardgreen

bernardgreen

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Some dish washers have a pressure sensor for the depth of water in the machine.

This is a tube from the bottom of the chamber to a sensitive pressure switch above the top of the chamber, If that tube gets clogged with debris then the pressure switch cannot respond to changes in the water level.