Miele G4100 dishwasher....flashing red intake lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine fills in stops and starts with the red fill/drain lamp flashing. Fills for a few seconds and stops, then restarts.
I think it is trying to perform a regen on the water softener. The cabinet fills to the correct level eventually and the pump is able to empty the water quite quickly.
Water pressure is good and the inlet filter is clear.

I see that there is something called a flowmeter board available as a spare part. This appears to be a single component soldered to a connector plug. Is this the likely cause of the problem?

There is also a pressure switch, but as the machine fills eventually and empties fully, can this be ruled out?
Any insight from miele experts would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
I have had a dishwasher with a flow meter problem. It would fill with water and then pump out.
I unplugged the flow meter, gave it a flick and it would work for a cycle.

My problem came about because a mouse had entered through the bottom and was electrocuted by the motor capacitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back