Miele Micro/Oven Oven and Grill trips whole circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently completed renovations in my kitchen and installed a Miele Micro/Oven Combination. However, when I turn on the grill or the oven - the appliance trips out the entire flat.

When I first installed the appliance, I had this problem when turning the oven to 200 degree C, and it only happened after about 1 to 2 mins. However it seemed to resolve itself and I put it down to dust on the elements, and I have been able to bake and roast without an issue. However, this weekend I tried to use the grill for the 1st time and again, it tripped after 1 to 2 mins. Now when I try to use either the oven or grill - as I turn it on - it trips instantly. I can use the microwave function without any issue.

I had the electrics for the cooker rewired and signed off. The cooker switch has over it 32A. The details on the certificate are 1 phase, Nominal Voltage 250V, nominal freqency 50Hz.

From my very limited understanding this seems to be what is required for my appliance: mains cable 50Hz, 230 - 240V single phase.

I have tested and there does seem to be 1 wall socket that is attached to this fuse switch on the box as well as my cooker.

My builder says that the problem is the appliance, however it is new (though has been sitting unused for some time now) and I dont know whether it is or not. I am starting to think it is - but was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue or has any advise to offer me?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
If it is new & under warranty then call the suppliers & ask them to have it tested at no charge, could well be faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back