Miele Novotronic Premier 520 W522 Please help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my first post & I'm asking for help. :oops: The first problem was on Monday the check drain light came on, the time on the display changed to two lines & the anticrease finish & soak prewash lights came on. The drum was turning slowly a few turns to the left & right and the pump was running. The machine would remain like this despite being turned off and on, the pump constantly running. I cleaned out the filters but found no blockage. I filled the drum with water, turned it on & it drained away. There is a stain on the bottom of the machine so there may have been water in the switch underneath but I am unsure. I called out a local repair man said that the heater element was coming on at the same time as the pumup which he thought might mean I need a new circuit board. I have now removed & cleaned out all the pipes in the machine but now it has other problems...

Now when the machine is turned on everything appears normal, the starch, Drain/spin & Separate rinse cycles work 100% On other cycles the machine fills up with water & the drum turns a few turns to the left & right and the timer counts down until about 25 miins or so and then just stays there. The water doest heat up. The cold washes are the same.

I am at a loss what to do next, I phoned Miele and was told that it would be £100 +£1 per min after the first hour for a call out & 380 euro for a new board if its needed. I am worried that the heating element is not coming on now either so that could be another £100 on top.. The washing machine is gleaming like new & has had an easy life since we bought if from a friend who was single. The paper diagram under the lid is dated 04/2005

Any advice? If the repair is going to cost over £400 I should just buy another machine?

Thanks
Andrew[/i]

Sponsored Links
Well got fed up washing clothes in the bath & have been unable to repair it myself so have bought a A E G Washing Machine L87680FL. Lets hope this machine last better than the Miele which looks like its heading to the dump at only 5yo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back