Miele T4659Ci

I can't suggest anything other than a full strip-down & examination. After some digging it seems there isn't any roller adjustment on this model after all (even though in the service manual it says there is). All internal parts are accessible & serviceable, but it may require major dismantling. Tolerance issues might be no problem cold, but once heat is introduced into the equation it is a completely different ball-game. We know little about the history of your machine or why it eventually ended up for sale on ebay. But one thing I would pay particular attention to is the condensate pump. If it can't evacuate water all you end up with is a dryer full of hot steam.

Sponsored Links
You might have hit the nail on the head regarding the condensate pump. There was no doubt in my mind that this dryer was faulty when it was sold on e-bay. The only problem that it had at first was the 'Empty water container' message appearing all the time (when water container was empty). As previously mentioned, lubrication of the pump cured this issue but perhaps damage elsewhere had already been done.

D.

I'm not giving up on this yet so stripped the machine down completely today. Did not find any major problems. The only part that looks at all defective is the rear bearing shell. It seems a little worn. When snapped in place over ball joint at back of drum, it is possible to move shell from side to side. I suppose that it is possible that this may translate into slight wobbling of the drum as it rotates. This is not evident if you watch the drum turning during normal running however. Also not sure how this would cause motor strain and the drum rotation to slow down which it clearly happens towards the end of a cycle.

D.

Very odd but it now seems to be working (at least for the last 2 weeks) at low and high temperatures. Not quite sure what I did to change things.

At the last rebuild, I did regrease the rear bearing shell (with silicone grease this time), I oiled all moving parts around the motor drive and I sprayed the rear felt seal with furniture polish (as lubricant). It is possible that the rear bearing shell wasn't quite central before and maybe is now.

Either way, problem seems to be solved and it looks like you were right zipper about it being a mechanical fault albeit one that just required lubrication or minor adjustment.

Thanks again.

D.

Sponsored Links
6 months on and same problem has recurred. Again stripped it down and cleaned everything and lubricated all moving parts. Reset the rear thermostat (which I've had to do 3 times in the last month). Looking on advice on what to do next. I think that the fault is one of 3 things - felt seals front or rear (but they really didn't look too bad) and the rear bearing shell. Any comments?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back