Miele tumble dryer issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi our tumble dryer seems to have an issue with drying.

Earlier i tried it, put just a small towel in, set to standard automatic program press start, displays about 45mins.
Starts to tumble and heat as i feel the exhaust heat humid and warm. Then after say 8/10 mins it just stops, buzzer will sound like its finished but its not dry at all.
Seems if i open shut door try again this time maybe less just a few mins before it stops again thinking it's finished drying.

Model is Novotronic T7634 - vented not condensing.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks this one says temp sensor

Still none the wiser anyone? Temp sensor or carbon brushes?

I have owned Miele washing machines but have never owned one of their tumble driers. I can however confirm that when the carbon brushes run down on the washing machines the machine will do partial washes and then give up.

I am in the pub, and so cannot watch your video with audio.

How old is the machine?

If it is fairly old, I would take it apart and look at the brushes. You will need Torq screwdriver to undo the screws though. I used to purchase 3rd party brushes but a mate of mine started working for Miele, so he used to sell me the whole carriage with the brushes at cost. In the past I have repaired cheaper machines at home, the Mieles are lovely to work on. The sheet metal edges are properly polished- reducing the risk of you cutting yourself.

If you don't get any definitive answers here then follow the link in my next post.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back