Miele w404 plus Leaking. Replace or repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, hope you are well.

I have a problem with my Miele washing machine and figured the leak is coming from the plastic drain outlet on the left side of the picture. i have tried getting to it but it seems like a big job.

is it worth replacing or Worth repairing? the washing machine seems fine, and I just changed the carbon brushes a year ago.

https://streamable.com/4cdmh3

thanks!

Attachments

• 639B25C3-4D16-4987-B7F7-3BDCC9EFDBC7.jpeg
    639B25C3-4D16-4987-B7F7-3BDCC9EFDBC7.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
Try googling with your model number & how to repair leaks. There are plenty of u-tube vids & other tips

Try googling with your model number & how to repair leaks. There are plenty of u-tube vids & other tips
Thank you! I understand but getting to the leak is an issue. I have tried but I can’t seem to get the back panel off or the side to access the leak :(

What is your model number.Miele are an expensive machine which I would have thought was worth repairing rather than replacing.

Sponsored Links
What is your model number.Miele are an expensive machine which I would have thought was worth repairing rather than replacing.
It’s a w 404 Plus, however it’s near its lifespan of 20 years too.

Not my area. I always have ago at repairs though.
If you can't get back off lay machine in it's side and get in from the bottom? I normally gain access that way.
Just let water out from filter first

Not my area. I always have ago at repairs though.
If you can't get back off lay machine in it's side and get in from the bottom? I normally gain access that way.
Just let water out from filter first
I was thinking this but the kitchen is very small and I’m working on My own. Ah not sure now lol I would want it repaired but not sure what to do now lol

If you don't feel confident then get someone in or buy new. If you feel confident then move it to another room and disassemble there. Washing machines are not the most complex to tackle, especially when you can see where it is going wrong.

Can you even get the plastics part that needs replacing? (Let alone get to it to do so). I don't know if it would be worth your time checking out the ukwhitegoods forum for this problem / parts availability and even access to the area for closer investigation of the leak?

Miele do fixed price repairs https://www.miele.co.uk/c/repair-26.htm and you can use the fee towards a new machine if proves unrepairable (apparently).

But a 20 year old machine will be far less efficient - in water use and in electricity consumed - than a modern replacement. So it might be time to consider replacing it rather than repairing?

Can you even get the plastics part that needs replacing? (Let alone get to it to do so). I don't know if it would be worth your time checking out the ukwhitegoods forum for this problem / parts availability and even access to the area for closer investigation of the leak?

Miele do fixed price repairs https://www.miele.co.uk/c/repair-26.htm and you can use the fee towards a new machine if proves unrepairable (apparently).

But a 20 year old machine will be far less efficient - in water use and in electricity consumed - than a modern replacement. So it might be time to consider replacing it rather than repairing?
yes, I rang miele today and its £62 for the part. however I am more inclined in replacing taking into consideration the efficiency and drum size, I think I will be replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back