Miele W5903 washing machine problems

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there,

I have a Miele w5903 front loader washing machine with two problems at present.

1. When the machine is just sitting and not in use the drum fills with water. If I left for a few days it would overflow most likely. I'd like to know if there is a likely seal to replace to solve this problem.

2. The fault of "check drainage system" keeps re-occurring. I've checked the drain pipe and cleaned the filter. It re-occurs over the course of a few days.

Any advice on these matters is much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
So in an attempt to fix fault #2 I did a reverse flush of the drainage system and all seems good for now. only time will tell.

There are 2 possibilities. It could be a faulty water inlet solenoid valve which is not shutting off properly when not energised. To check that you just need to turn the water supply to the machine off and see if it still fills up. The other possibility is that it is back filling with waste water from elsewhere in the building. To prevent that you just need to make sure the waste hose loops up high enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back