Miele W865 noise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Miele W865 which has started making occasional loud bangs during a cycle.

I suspect this may be the shock absorbers? Any advice on this would be appreciated, what should I check and how? I can't find any guide online as to how to get into the machine and perform any checks.

I'm a gas engineer so ok with doing the work but I'm not familiar with appliance repair.

Your help is much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
It seems like the noise is coming from the drum banging around btw, it spins fine it just might make a couple of random bangs during the wash cycle sometimes.

I have replaced the dampers on a couple of W828's. I lay it onto its side (After draining the water out of front). They are pretty cheap to replace. You can buy them from eBay. Not worth buying the genuine articles through the proper channels.
If your machine is getting on it terms of age it may be worth doing.

The first machine I changed had a base plate.
The second did not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back