Miele Washing Machine squeaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 15 year old Miele Premier 520 which just starting making an unusual noise 2 mins before the end of the high speed spin cycle. Now, when stationary with no clothes in it, when I manually rotate the drum it makes a squeaking sound (both directions). I tried lifting the drum and it's not obviously moving up more than usual. Can't see any bra wires or anything. Is this likely to be bearings or perhaps the belt? Both are probably beyond my competence ;). But if the bearings then the Miele fixed price repair at £269 looks like good value, but if it's the belt then probably a local repairer who will charge around £80+vat + parts will be a better bet. Or maybe it's something else that I could fix. Machine hard to get out of where it is, so not looked at the back of it yet. Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

Sponsored Links
Engineers code will get machine to run through everything until you hear squeak if you can find it online. Maybe take top off to help identify the noise location. That would help. Sometimes easier to pay Miele

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back