Miele W828 off centre drum

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi, I’m new to this forum, maybe I can get some advice from the experts on this. I have a Miele W828 washing machine that works fine except for a loud noise while spinning. The drum bumps on the glass at two opposite sides. First I replaced the dampers that had no oil in them but the problem persisted, although a little better. When I took the drum out I noticed that the inner drum rotates a bit off centre. So I extracted the inner drum I saw that the axle looks fine as well as the bearings, there is no slack. However, the inner star-like structure that holds the axle has some important corrosion. Do you think it is worth the money and the trouble to try to save this machine?

Sponsored Links
Our machine did the same thing after 9 years 10 months. Just in the guarantee period!
machine had done a little over 2000 washes.
Miele did the change and the machine has continued working for another 10 years with no sign of breaking again.

if you can get a new drum then yes, it's worthwhile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back