Miele W828

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have registered just to say thanks to all those people who posted with info on the 'flashing rinse light' .
We have an 11 year old W842 which also went bang and started flashing. Following the advice, I changed the brushes - still no cure.
I then found a chap on ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200557096019&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:GB:1123
He repaired the board and returned it by first class post for just over £45 within three days.
The washing machine is now up and running again . I would recommend this service if you ( like me ) aren't up to the task of rebuilding circuit boards and don't like the idea of shelling out for a new Miele spare.

Thanks again for the help on these posts.
:D [/url]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I have the same flashing rinse light fault on my W969, however the brushes appear to be in good condition and on the EL200D board the fuse identified by previous posters is not blown, also I have carefully cut the top off the plastic cover of the relay on the bottom right corner of the board - the contacts appear in perfect condition.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for this thread!

My W863 packed up in the manner described this week. I checked all the obvious things (belts, etc.) but couldn't see why or find anything on the Internet.

I had an Engineer in today who couldn't work it out either - he didn't charge me for the two hours he was here to be fair.

In desperation I searched again and found this thread - although the W863 is not mentioned (probably were I was going wrong before), it also has the EL200 D controller! I checked the fuse and it is open circuit.

I've just ordered new relays and a fuse holder and fuses from RS components... I'll keep you posted....

UPDATE

Components arrived this morning from RS.

Changed the fuse and the relay - machine works perfectly!

Also found a complete circuit diagram tucked away in the bottom of the machine if anybody needs more help?

Sponsored Links
UPDATE II

The damned thing broke again with the same message.

Replaced the fuse and the relay.

Then I wondered what would cause it to fail again so soon... I remembered earlier in the thread that somebody had mentioned the shock absorbers so I took them out - completely useless, they had no resistance in them at all...

So I purchased new ones and have just bolted it all back together again.

I am speculating that the initial fault is caused by the lack of support in the shock absorbers which allows the unusual drum movement which ruins the electronics.

Well worth changing while you have the machine apart anyway...

BTW Miele in the UK quoted me £82.62 (part number 04-500-826) and I managed to buy the same thing from Miele here in Cyprus for €39.

This thread has been so valuable to me, and saved me hundreds of dollars. The main problem of the flashing rinse indicator, is to my experience the on board fuse (which is blown), and/or the 6K1 relay, which is fried. This happened to me twice now, but thanks to a wonderful tip of CyprusGrump, i inspected the shock absorbers. And it is indeed not in a very healthy state, so i am on the hunt to have it replace in our W828. BTW the part should be "43ML01".
Also the tip of SavCom was brilliant, using a battery to check the working order of the relay.

Thanks heaps !!!!

PS
I have told the misses that there won't be any Miele product purchased in this house anymore, it's a disgrace how much money they dare to ask for a replacement PCB which only needs not more than a few dollars worth of parts !!

Thanks to all you posters who have contributed to this. I've now replaced the brushes and the 6K1 relay (which was welded) and also 6.3A fuse. I also replaced 1K1 as it looked a bit heat damaged, but appeared OK once dismantled.
This has cost me £55 total and should now see the machine going forward for many years.
We couldn't share this without the awesome power of the Internet !

Thanks to all you posters who have contributed to this. I've now replaced the brushes and the 6K1 relay (which was welded) and also 6.3A fuse. I also replaced 1K1 as it looked a bit heat damaged, but appeared OK once dismantled.
This has cost me £55 total and should now see the machine going forward for many years.
We couldn't share this without the awesome power of the Internet !

Did you check the shock absorbers? :eek:

Yes; I didn't disconnect them but gave the tub a bit of "Manipulation" to check the damping. Arf arf.
PS
I was very impressed with the build of this machine. The wiring diagram and parts list/location diagram behind the front cover, the hinged front cover, the cast iron weighted ends, etc etc.
I'm now feeling that my decision to buy Miele over a bit of "disposabe white goods" cheap stuff was well justified.

edited to say;
Reports from The Wife indicate that the washing is now much drier after spinning; she had sometimes re-spun the washing as she had thought it had missed the spin.
I stacks up with worn brushes and the reduction in spin speed, presumably accompanied by an increase in speed control output as the SP-MV increased.
FWIW, the brushes were down to about half their original length.

Yes; I didn't disconnect them but gave the tub a bit of "Manipulation" to check the damping. Arf arf.
PS
I was very impressed with the build of this machine. The wiring diagram and parts list/location diagram behind the front cover, the hinged front cover, the cast iron weighted ends, etc etc.
I'm now feeling that my decision to buy Miele over a bit of "disposabe white goods" cheap stuff was well justified.

edited to say;
Reports from The Wife indicate that the washing is now much drier after spinning; she had sometimes re-spun the washing as she had thought it had missed the spin.
I stacks up with worn brushes and the reduction in spin speed, presumably accompanied by an increase in speed control output as the SP-MV increased.
FWIW, the brushes were down to about half their original length.

I agree it is well built - and the inside of ours looks like it is brand new after ten years....

I just command to day a fuse and a relay at RS

I'm very optimistic it will solve my problem.

It's a pity that such Miele maschine are so fragil and the after sale servives so expensive.

Thanks a lot to all precedent contributors to this topic !!!javascript:emoticon(':D')

Hi all and thanks a lot. Had the "flahing rinse light " error after washing my bed linen in my 11 year old Miele W961 Primavera W. Fortunately, I know some guys that know how to solder on a circuit board. Just changed the 6.3A fuse and the 6K1 relay and its working again. Fantastic, because acually I don´t have a clue about electronics. Got the spare parts for 5€.

Greets from Germany

Manulito

Another Post to say thanks for this thread.

Not repaired it yet ,all the same symptoms as the other complainants ,so I'm confident a new fuse and relay from Farnells will sort the problem. Already changed out the brushes as that was my first port of call.

Top work folks

Just a quick re visit to the thread .Ive replaced the faulty relay and fuse ....after doing the brushes . All back together, power it up and.......flashing rinse lamp....... :evil: Whip the motor out to check the brushes are seated and lo and behold one of the spade connectors on the brush/rotation detection assembly that locates inside the motor casing had missed its slot when I re -assembled it after changing the brushes. Slackened the torx bolts off, pushed it back on and bolted the whole shebang back together. so really just a word of warning to watch out for that little bugger.

Just finished my first load of dirty wet towels :D

My friend has a W828 and couldn't wait for me to have a look at it, so called in a Miele mechanic to repair it. His advise is "its not worth repairing - dead motor" (seems strange that I haven't read anything in forums about blown motors for this machine) I haven't seen the motor yet but will verify it on the weekend!

She described all the same symptoms as all of you previously, loud bang, Rinses light flashing and yes I made the calls to Miele and can verify the same conversation with their tech support and sales, but an AUD$800 quote for the motor for a single mum doesn't cut it.

Any ideas on a motor repair or where to pick up and old machine cheaply to change motors over?

Thanks for all the other advice, will check any other damage as well!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back