Miele W828 Balance Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My first post here so hi to all. Looks like a great site so be interested to see if anyone can assist me.

I have a Miele W828 washing machine which developed a leak underneath the machine, further investigation lead me to the black rubber hose on the top of the drum. A previous repair man had put some black sikaflex around it but it had started leaking again. Has since been cleaned properly and sealed with and RTV adhesive/sealant but I know it will need a replacement soon.

My other issue is with the top off the bowl appears to bounce around a fair bit, the machine is level and I have replaced the dampers on the bottom but not the springs on the top. There is no bearing noise either but just bouncing around at different stages of the cycle concerns me as I think it is the reason the rubber hose leaks on the top due to the excessive movement.

Have a video link if anyone is interested, download and play as it doesn't stream to well from the site.

http://www.users.on.net/~hone/Video/Finishing_Spin_Cycle.mp4

Any gurus out there ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
There has to be movement otherwise the machine would shake its brains out.
You may be tricked into thinking movement is excessive by looking at it with the top off, but does the machine vibrate/move etc under normal conditions?
What kind of floor do you have where the washer is sited...concrete, wooden, tiles? What is the machine loaded with when you notice any unbalance or excessive movement? Did you use cheap pattern shocks or genuine replacements? The springs rarely need changing on any washer, especially a Miele. On some earlier models (W300 series) a stabilizer plate was retrofitted, but there have been no such issues with the W800 series. Providing the bearings are ok check the drum support brackets are tight, likewise counterbalance bolts. You could also give the drum clamping band bolt an extra nip (do not over-tighten!). I would check all of the above before changing springs ;)

Thanks for that, to be honest I think I worry to much about it ..the bearings seem fine with no movement when I tried to move bowl from the front.

It is mounted on a tiled concrete level floor as well and yes they are non genuine type dampers but was moving about a lot more previous to putting them on. Purchased from a person that repairs a few of the Miele models.

Anyway after chatting with repair guy and given me a few pointers I have decided to put it back into where it sits and put the lid back on. When I hear any bearing noise or loud banging it will be operation time.

Thanks for the feed back much apprecited .

Cheers ..Dean

Sponsored Links
Yup...I think you're worrying too much as well.
The movement shown in the link is pretty normal....it has to move otherwise the machine would fall to pieces.
Not much problem in using pattern shocks if the quality is pretty decent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back