Migrants crossing the channel. What could/should be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some respects it is understandable that these illegals would want to escape the EU, millions of Brits also want to escape the EU.

If, as has been alleged, that these foreigners
want to come to England because they speak English then the should know that when they were advised to go through the proper channels to legally immigrate to England, it didn't mean the English channel.

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with wanting to migrate to the UK,but what message does illegal immigration send to those would be migrants who use the proper route to UK citizenship.

Last edited:
Anyone willing to risk their lives and the lives of their children to cross the Channel on a small boat has got to be desperate and they have my sympathy. We need to stop the people making a fortune out of that desperation and stop the parasitic scum who supply these boats.

One must be careful in distinguishing between migrants and asylum seekers.

And it's not about France being a safe country or not...

As has been explained before, most who come to the UK come here because they speak English...

And the streets aren't exactly 'paved with gold' as far as to what they can claim!
(quite a few of our indigenous lot get far more than what they're really entitled to or what they actually need)

Most are fleeing war torn regions, some of which we helped create/fuel and some that we did not...

Between '33 and '39 Britain welcomed over 10,000 Jews a year despite there being 'safe countries' en route...

Was that policy wrong?
i thought asylum seekers were supposed to claim asylum in the first country they arrive in . ie france. i’m probably wrong.

Sponsored Links
If, as has been alleged, that these foreigners
want to come to England because they speak English
Well it's not for the benefits...

asylum.JPG

I bet part of the problem is using outsourcing contracts to perform the duties of managing these migrants - these contracts probably incentivise the providers to be as slow as possible as they probably get paid on the number of people the house per day.

It should all be done by the Government in house with strict time limits and courts and judges set up to process them quickly and humanely.

However I see the Government dragging their heals on this issue because they can blow it out of all proportion -the numbers are still in the low thousands and it remains a good money spinner for the outsourcing providers who tend to be Tory donors.

i thought asylum seekers were supposed to claim asylum in the first country they arrive in . ie france. i’m probably wrong.
No you're not wrong...

But read up on the Dublin Regulation...

Then work out how a no-deal brexit affects it!

the numbers are still in the low thousands
And yet borisconi has promised 3 million+ Hong Kong residents the right to come here...

The gammons should be up in arms about that, but since it was a decree from the gammon in chief they turn their anger elsewhere!

And yet borisconi has promised 3 million+ Hong Kong residents the right to come here...

The gammons should be up in arms about that, but since it was a decree from the gammon in chief they turn their anger elsewhere!

Of those I suspect less than a 100k would actually come and they would be coming with skills and capital so it would help sustain another round of property speculation in the city!

These migrants tends to be low or no skilled.

The whole system is set up for failure with perverse incentives.

Take for example in the US with its private jails. A man was convicted for 20 years I believe for stealing hedge trimmers because of his past record - it has cost the Government over $1m to house him in prison. I am sure that money could have been better spent in reducing crime and rehabilitating this guy.

Similar principles applies to these migrants - its an asymetric cost / benefit situation.

Yes they are, but the UK (and I think Germany) are top destinations. Some already speak English, some are under the illusion that the UK is a good place to live & get help and some already have friends or family here.

I don't know what France does, there's so many in those illegal camps - why are they not processing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back