milwaukee cordless power tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,just wondering how you rate these compared to makita dewalt and hitachi.has anyone got any milwaukee tools

Sponsored Links
I have got a Milwaukee 110v breaker and have recently bought a cordless Milwaukee 18v impact driver & hammer drill driver set.

Effing AWESOME! :LOL:

I have owned Makita and Dewalt cordless and have used Bosch cordless too.

Not even close on power. However i did pay a premium for lith-ion batteries.

The breaker is superb.

I've got a 18v Milwaukee for home use, at work I use an 18v Dewalt and Hitachi and the Milwaukee is the far better drill.

For masonry we have Milwaukee, Bosch and Hilti cordless hammer drills on sites. For drilling steel and wood I've used a variety of Makita, Hilti, Milwaukee, DeWalt.
For breaking, there are labourers and, better still, corers
For hammer I much prefer the Hiltis TE2, TE5 TE6. A bit less vibration, noise and better balanced.

Can be pretty sure someone has a Hilti on site and it saves carting in the battery charger. However since they are pretty standard issue a disadvantage is that batteries tend to get stolen (even if using one's own charger) by other crews. Hilti have an outlet here so there is good back up if they go wrong. They also let you test out the machines before buying in their showroom, in lumps of concrete they have for demo purposes.

Milwaukee used be be Kango didn't it? Kango were the market leader in breakers, when I was a lad and this was all fields.

For a day to day battery drill (wood, steel and optionally occasional brick), I've used Makita, Hilti and Milwaukee and prefer Makita. Something like the LXT 18V BHP454 is pretty comprehensive. I've got one without hammer and one with hammer. I don't take the one with hammer on site lest someone uses it to attempt to drill concrete. It's handy for carpentry at home and fixing to brick walls withouy getting out the heavy artillery.

As with all cordless drills with hammer, the hammer action is noisy, much of the vibration energy is transferred to the user. They won't handle concrete and excessive use of the hammer facility shortens the life of the planetary gearing.

I was doing local authority void property housing repairs ON FOOT (though contract was for inspection and test only) so was carrying test kit, tools, drill, materials and paperwork around with me so it was pretty handy to have a machine that delivered sufficient torque and hammer in one light weight unit.

If much of he work is driving screws then less is more. I've had sufficient torque and battery life (at least a full shift) out of a 7.2V cordless driver, without putting my shoulder out with the unecessary weight of carrying and using a full battery drill. I'd a Dewalt DW920K-2 cordless driver but it was stolen. Makita do a DF010DSE.

I was after a Milwaukee 18V battery with hammer, I saw it in a catalogue and it ticked all the boxes 18V ...check, hammer...check, Li-on...check. When someone took one onto a site I had a go of it and decided it wasn't all I'd cracked it up to be and decided to stick with Makita.

If I'd the money I'd have a Hilti for hammer (and run the battery outboard to reduce strain injuries), a 18V Makita LXT (no hammer) for drilling and a 7.2 cordless driver. Nah, scrub that someone else can buy the hammer and they can do all he messy dusty overhead drilling and I'd keep my money and use it to go on some courses and get a decent clean job haha.

Ultimately, the tools are for you, it's your money and your decision... I'm just sharing my experience.

Sponsored Links
Just bought the new milwaukee 12 volt LI-ION hacksaw and think it is one of the best power tools invented . it is very compact for use with one hand and very lightweight ( it is just a smaller version of a recip saw )
Cuts through 4x2 wood with ease and you can cut through a 4 inch soil pipe if you fit a 9inch blade , truly amazing little machine 10 out of 10 to milwaukee for coming up with this little baby .

Phil

Brought LI-ION 18 volt Milwaukee about 2 and a half years ago. One batery packed up within 6 months the other 2 both packed up on the same day last week. Big & clumsy, don't know what the new gear is like but don't think I'll ever buy Milwaukee again Back using my Ryobi gear I brought as a stop gap 4 years back and jsut as good apart fromit works

I tend to agree with Bodd.
I know the drills are ok because I've used them with older Ni- Cd batteries, but the lithium batteries loose charge really quickly they're total pants.

I tend to agree with Bodd.
I know the drills are ok because I've used them with older Ni- Cd batteries, but the lithium batteries loose charge really quickly they're total pants.

Nice to know I'm not the only one iaith. The tools them selfs are still working well but never been happy the way they handle. It is the batterys, colud it be they don't like cold weather.

Not sure about the cold weather, my batteries are crap in any weather. I've used the older lok tor model and was pretty impressed with it. the newer stuff is made in China which might have something to do with it.

well chaps i have just got the 18v li-ion impact driver it all seems to be made in germany lets see how it gets on,plus just got the milwaukee inspection camera seen some bad reviews for that item again i will see how i get on fingers crossed

never had any of their cordless stuff, but the plug in jobbies we have are bl00dy brilliant.
Made for atlas copco who took over kango and a couple of other proper industrial tool companies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back