Mini-Bus Fuel Economy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This might be an unaswerable question but i hope someone might be able to give me an idea? We're thinking about hiring a mini-bus for a trip this weekend and sharing the cost between those going. We're trying to factor in the fuel costs so people know roughly what it'll cost. Does anyone have a rough idea of what MPG we'll get from an LDV 17-seat mini-bus. I know fuel economy depends on many things but its a reasonable length trip on decent roads and the bus is approximately 5years old. If someone has any idea roughly what we can expect i'd be greatful to hear from you. Is it likely to be around 10MPG?? More than that?? Comparable to a car??

Sponsored Links
Unless anyone can give you a better idea from experience, this table might give you some idea. The LDV is the last entry in the table.

xerves - cheers. Like you say, unless anyone has anything better to go on this will do for our ball-park guesstimation.

How did you find this?? I searched the internet for every combination of LDV+mini-bus+fuel+economy/MPG etc... I could think of and couldn't find anything?

I typed "ldv convoy fuel consumption" in Google, and picked the most likely looking result on the first page.

Sponsored Links
hi andrew,
go for 28 mpg,most convoys have a transit engine,the earlier 400 has
a pug.both 2.5cc.you can get a high top which wont do more than 70mph
but will give 28mpg.a low top may be a bit better but not much in it .

con.

Just to update for anyone who may be searching for the same info on this site in years to come. The bus actually did about 23mpg while we had it. The hirer said it'd do about 25mpg empty and probably around 20mpg if it was full (15seater we had in the end). We had 9 adults and 6 children and had a fair bit stop-start queueing in traffic and some fun wheelspinning in a very muddy car park (both of which probably didn't do much for the fuel economy!). Thanks to those who gave us some figures to work with!!

Hi Andrew,

Back in 2009 you quoted " Just to update for anyone who may be searching for the same info on this site in years to come."

This info has just helped me with my LDV Convoy seven years later !!

Thanks

jeff

Sponsored Links
Back