Minimum socket height

two different people enployed to choose hights in two different documents i guess, or maybe they just guessed!

Sponsored Links
As always, The regs can be interpreted in different ways, 450mm is accepted as the standard in new installations and 1.2mtr for switches.

Sponsored Links
Shifted all mine to 450. Glad they came out with these plain-sensical regs (even though they didn't apply in my circumstances it was a good excuse to heighten them, even though I'd to carefully steam back wallpaper and raggle in new conduit drops).
Bothered bending over to plug and unplug things.
I seem to recall a local authority specifying socket outlets and switches at the same height for a residential care home.

Ultimately if it's your place and you can specify where you want them. If you put your house on the market they are at a more height which is inclusive to more prospective buyers, excepting sufferer of severe dwarfism and midgets.

I'm sure you;ll find the height more convenient

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back