Mira Advance ATL Thermostatic shower cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'll start by saying that I'm not a plumber/electrician so I don't know which category this falls under as I don't even know what the problem is.

Anyway...

I've got a Mira Advance ATL Thermostatic Shower. It's roughly 3-4 years old. My memory fails me.

However, last week it started to cut out after around 30 seconds to a minute after first turning it on. There is no prior warning and neither the Water Supply light or the Reset light are on when this happens, also there is no beeping. It just shuts off. If I press the buttons nothing happens. So I have to turn it off and back on again via the switch. We have a pull string switch for it as it is installed in a wet room for disabled access. I turn it off and waot for a bit then turn it back on. Press the start button on the shower and it does the same again after 30 seconds or so.

We have had a few plumbing related problems in our house recently. The washing machine broke and the toilet flush mechanism broke which was causing it to overflow. We thought it could be a low water pressure problem, which surely would turn the 'Water Supply' light on on the shower itself, but didnt. Both the washer and the toilet have now been repaired so that has (presumably) eliminated those as a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back