Mira Advance Thermostatic Flow Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mira Advance 8.7kw Thermostatic shower has recently developed a problem. When switched on, water always flows out the head. Invariably it is cold and at a strong flow rate. After about 10 seconds the water stops and the Low Pressure warning light illuminates.

The problem can be solved by banging (tapping) the outer case and then switching on the shower. It can take a few tries to make it work. Even then the shower can work and go cold for a couple of seconds (clicking noise heard) before continuing warm.

Is it time for me to buy a new shower or is there a simple fix?

Sponsored Links
It could be that you supply pressure has fallen, I believe this types of shower need to be manually reset if the pressure falls below 1 bar.
Does the unit have a flow condition control?
If so reset/reselect it and see what happens.
Could also be blockages in inlet filter and spray plate!

Sounds like you have a flow valve fault.
But in some cases a faulty flow valve can also take out the relay pcb.
But this will only be evident once the flow valve has been changed.

Sponsored Links
I have checked the spray plate and there are no blockages in that. I am not too sure where in the inlet filter is bu figure it must be close to where the rising main enters the shower unit. Is it complicated is it to change a flow valve:?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back