mira azora or escape(9.0kW) will it work well?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
couple of newbie questions i hope i can get some help with:

hoping to install a mains fed electric shower in my bathroom, first floor, in a normal 3-bed semi type house,

:?: 1
if i 't' off the rising mains at attic floor level, before cistern stopcock, and across coupla joists & drop down to the shower, will i lose much pressure as compared to coming off the mains at 1st floor level , across bathroom and up to the shower ???(which involves a lot more destruction and working inside a tiny cupboard, alice in wonderland comes to mind :rolleyes: eat me

:?: 2
checked mains pressure in attic, just before cistern stopcock and was getting 1.8bar and 3.5-4l minute flow(from a 15mm plastic pipe), dropping to 0bar when kitchen tap was open full. Does this seem like enough of a flow to service one of these type of showers

:?: 3
the mains pressure seems to be in the requirements of the manufacturer (1.0bar to run normally, 0.7bar min) but i noticed it needs a static head of 0.2 bar to keep the inlet solenoid closed. Will the showerhead dribble water when the kitchen tap is in use, or the dishwasher or washing machine are drawing from the mains feed, for that matter -when the shower is not in use.
if anyone has any experience in this i would love to hear.
I will presume the shower will not run when these are in use due to the pressure drop

The mains feed up through the house is 1/2" black poly
the rest of water in house is gravity fed system hw-cylinder etc

any help on any of the above greatly accepted :D

Sponsored Links
1 no
2 just about
3 probably

if you can tank feed it consider a shower with a built in pump :idea:

or if you want to go the whole hog get a power shower with built in mixer and pump

one assumes you have stored hot water by the way ;)

thank you 'o-wise-one'
tank fed it is then

wont go for the pwer blender, it has to b instant, ORDERS of the :evil: missus :evil:

mira or triton is me only decision left then bfore i go spannering and she goes in search of rare soapy things made from endangered orchids which only grow in sacred groves frequented by golden urangutangs ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back